Monday, January 25, 2016

I Don't Want to be a Mom Today

I had a rough morning with my daughters today. As they were getting ready for school there was fighting and name calling between the three of them. One of them hit the other, and I had had enough. I came out of the bathroom where I had tried to take a quick shower while they were getting ready and blew my top. Then I sent my husband a text, I'm done parenting, they are your responsibility now!

As I loaded the girls in the car to take them to school I became aware of how quiet it was. The ride to school in the morning is normally filled with plans for the day, singing along with the radio, and giggles from the back seat. There was none of that this morning. So I turned off the radio and began to talk to the girls about loving each other, I apologized for my reaction and asked for forgiveness. There were some smiles as I delivered them to their respective locations, but there was a damper on the day from the morning.

I began to wonder as I drove back to my quiet house, does God ever look at Jesus and say, "I'm done. These people are driving me crazy. They're you're problem now!" In Jeremiah 31:3 it says, "The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness" (New International Version). The note on this first in the Life Application Study Bible says, "God reaches toward his people with kindness motivated by deep and everlasting love. He is eager to do the best for them if they will only let him. After many words of warning about sin, this reminder of God's magnificent love is a breath of fresh air."

I love my children with my whole heart, but some days I feel like I do not have the strength to be their mom. I don't have the energy to be a referee, chauffeur, cheerleader, cook, and maid. But God loves me with an everlasting love. No matter how many times I sin and stumble and have those rough mommy mornings, God still loves me, and he loves my girls. He will never say that he's had enough of me! I can rest in the fact that I am God's child, and he will always reach for me with his everlasting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment